Learn more about Performance Physical Therapy and read our FAQs Below to view our Frequently Asked Questions!
We understand that you may have a lot of question as it relates to the Coronavirus. We are monitoring the situation very closely, and will work as hard as we can to answer all of your questions in a timely manner. We will continue to update our FAQs as needed.
We are taking the Covid-19 crisis probably more seriously than other gyms. That’s why we have implemented the following protocols:
- Fitness members must call ahead to schedule times to use the gym to regulate volume in our facility.
- All members, patients, and staff are screened before entering the building
- Everyone who enters the building must be wearing a face covering that covers their nose and mouth. Masks must be work correctly at all times.
- Signage is placed throughout the office to make sure everyone is maintaining a safe distance
- Increasing the time scheduled between physical therapy patients to decrease volume of people in the building.
- Visitors that accompany patients are prohibited from sitting in our waiting room.
- We have a dedicated staff member to clean our fitness center every hour to wipe down all equipment and focus on “touch points”
- We have added disinfectant wipe stations between mat tables
• Free & Easy Parking
• NO Big Crowds
• No Skimpy Outfits
• No Hidden Costs or Fees
• Science Based Workouts
• Results that Matter to YOU
• NOT Intimidating
All gym times must be scheduled in advance
Monday – Thursday: 7:00 AM – 8:00 PM
Friday: 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Saturday: 7:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Let Us Count the Ways!!!
• We cater to regular people! No one is in skimpy outfits, no one is shouting or yelling out, no one is preparing for a best body competition!
• We are experts in how the human body works! When we give you a workout, you won’t get hurt!
• Smaller is better! We know our members, and they know us. It’s a cool thing when everyone is here to help you succeed!
• You don’t pay for things you don’t need/use! We are here for people who want to get healthy, stay healthy, and feel better. We are not a mini country club, and we don’t try to up-sell you things you really don’t want! No pro shop, no café, no botox offerings!
• When you have a question, we have staff to answer! We reserve the right to come up to you at any time. Come and say hello, ask how things are going, and ask if you have questions. We also reserve the right to nicely correct your form, give you a few new exercises to try, or even stretch you out if you look like you need it!
Our Fitness Evaluations are Science Backed, and are designed to test your body in ways that are meaningful to YOU!
Our fitness test may be different for a 30-year-old weekend warrior versus a 75-year-old retired chemist. By tailoring a meaningful test according to YOUR needs, we can decide what program is best for YOU! Because we do a customized fitness evaluation, you get a customized workout program. You wouldn’t want a standard workout program any more than you would want a one size fits all suit or dress!
We are very proud that we have smart, motivated, and caring trainers who give one on one attention for those who value it. Our trainers work side by side with our physical therapists to make sure your program is perfect for YOU!
A personal trainer is someone who has specialized education in exercise prescription. Some reasons our members schedule appointments with a trainer:
• Needs to be held accountable. (‘She’s waiting for me at the fitness center, I’d better get there.’)
• Needs One-on-One Attention (‘I am so new to exercising, I’ll never remember how to do anything!’)
• Needs frequent changes to program/doesn’t like routine.
• Has a certain body area that has been injured, and is not confident that safety is present on own.
• Likes social interaction and feedback People use personal trainers for different reasons.
Some of our members choose to use a trainer because it helps them make an appointment to make sure fitness is part of their busy schedule.
When working with a trainer, they will put you through a workout, customized to you, to help you reach your goals, or simply stay fit and active. Many folks like the one on one attention they get with a trainer, forming a partnership for their long term health and wellness.
A trainer is like having a personal coach, focused on helping you be the best you can be. Having trainers who know how to help push you to make the most out of your workouts without feeling like a drill sergeant at basic training is important to us.
Fitness goals vary per individuals.
We have members who have specific goals in mind- getting in shape to run a 5K, or go on an adventure vacation with family, where others are trying to lose weight or keep in shape to avoid joint replacement surgery. Some folks are trying to make sure their new joints function as best as possible, and they stay active.
Whatever your goal, our trainers will work with you to help you achieve realistic goals, in and out of the gym.
You sure can!
Our evaluation results and programs are designed specifically for you, and can be ‘taken’ anywhere! Some people even belong to more than one fitness center.
We have plenty of clean lockers for you to use!
We offered unlimited filtered water. Feel free to bring your favorite bottle and hydrate to your heart’s content!
Tracking fitness is a big deal.
The key to reaching your goals is knowing what to measure! We make our measurements functional, meaningful, and backed by research. Once you have a baseline, regular re-tests that make sense for YOU will let us know how to make any changes.
In a word—no. It’s not necessary, because you can just drop by and pay a daily fee, or join for one month.
That said, if you do sign up for a fitness evaluation or personal training, this is a labor intensive program! We put a lot of effort and energy into YOUR program. Therefore, there is no way to ‘try’ it! You are already in it!
However, if it turns out to be less that you expected, you are not charged for anything beyond the month or training sessions you have already paid for.
That depends on you! We do insist that you know what you are doing for safety and results. Most people get it in just a few visits, but we are ALWAYS there to help out.
In fact, we are all trained to look for a member who seems to not know what they are doing, and to give help! That’s just the kind of fitness center we are!!
Will someone show me how to use all the equipment?
What if I forget?
You will be shown exactly how to use everything at your orientation. We expect that you won’t be 100% perfect the first. We are always here! Ask! And if you don’t look like you know, we will be there anyway!!
We do have a wonderful massage therapists on staff, because we believe that massage is NOT a luxury, but an important part of feeling better! Do you deserve a regular massage? Heck yes!
If someone else is using the equipment, you can’t use it! No sharing of equipment!! And since we have lots of couples who work out together, no hand holding while on the treadmills!! (It could be dangerous and we ask all members to keep it PG rated in the gym please!)
We have 2 complete and separate showers (one in each bathroom, just like home!) We personally do not enjoy showering in public, so we designed it for privacy!
Guests are welcome to join for only $10/per visit.
You can put your membership on hold for a minimum of one month at a time. Just let us know in writing (keeps everyone on the same page!), and winter in Florida, or summer in Italy, or just take care of the in laws for the month!!
We offer discounts for you and family members who join!
You can pay by check or auto payment of your credit card, which is securely kept on file. We also accept good old fashioned cash, but we do NOT accept live chickens, or garden produce as payment!